Wastes & Services
Accepted Wastes and Services
- Solid waste which is not hazardous waste and which is not prohibited from disposal in a lined landfill under 62-701.300 FAC
- Putrescible Waste – Solid waste containing organic matter capable of being decomposed by microorganisms.
- Household Solid Waste
- Commercial Solid Waste
- Industrial Wastes (if approved by DEP)
- Class III Wastes – Processed tires, asbestos, carpet, cardboard, paper, glass, plastic, furniture (other than appliances), and other materials not expected to produce leachate posing a threat to public health or the environment
- Agricultural Wastes – Resulting from normal farming operations
- Hazardous waste and segregated household hazardous waste not exempted by FAC 62-701.300
- Motor vehicles
- Whole waste tires
- Lead acid or rechargeable batteries
- Used motor oil, antifreeze, and oil filters
- White goods
- Septic/sewage/sludge except those meeting the definition of a solid waste in accordance with 62-701 and not prohibited by 62-701.300
- Hot loads
- Mercury containing devices and lamps
- Non containerized liquid wastes
- Pressurized cylinders
- Yard Trash
- Electronic Waste
Non Hazardous Special Waste is accepted as permitted. Please click on the Waste Approvals tab or call us at 352-569-0465 to see if your special waste is acceptable.
Our facility is designed according to the State of Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s standards utilizing a double composite liner system. Our leachate system is designed for collection and safe transfer of leachate to a treatment facility. Groundwater monitoring wells are in place to monitor groundwater quality around the perimeter of the landfill. Sampling wells are already in place for such time that landfill gas is generated.